Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday at the Table!

Well as much as I don't want to post about any form of food I am obligated to my friends out there in internetland!! Ernie and I are sick flu symptoms and it sucks!!! His is a much worse case then mine! I honestly think it is because he had a flu shot and me and the girls didn't! I am sure there are those people out there who would gasp because I refused to get my daughter (Addi is not old enough for one yet) a flu shot, Let me just say that for everytime I have ever had a flu shot I have gotten RIDIULOUSLY sick within a few weeks of getting it! Had to stay over night for fluids and IV meds once! Cami's first winter we were living in VA and because we lived in such a "cold" climate I opted to get her the shot!! Let me just say 2 days later she was miserably sick and I was miserable with her not because I was sick but because my BABY was beyond sick I had to give her Tylenol Suppositories to break her fevers because if anything went into her tummy it came back out with in moments of hitting the stomach! All I could do for 4 days was let this horrible mutant flu bug run its course! All Cam wanted was her mommy! I didn't eat or sleep or pee without my baby for those 4 days!!! Needless to say I am all for shots that do good! But IMHO the flu shot is a waste! (Now don't get me wrong there are people who swear by it and get it religiously! I am in no way shape or form a dr so please take any prior statements with a grain of salt and know that they are completely opinion and personal experience based!! )

Ok so now that I am done with my rant, on our Menu for TatT this week, we have chicken stew/ soup with Rice!!! I say it is a stew and Ernie says it is a soup so you decide! Fair warning though my measurements are off on this one cause I measured nothing!!!

3-4 Frozen Chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
2 bay leaves
1tspn of sage
2-3cans chicken broth
1can cream of chicken soup +2cans of water
2cups frozen mixed vegetables
1cup of uncooked rice

Place first 4 ingrediants into the bottom of a crockpot; cover with chicken broth. Cook on high heat until chicken falls apart with a fork. Pull chicken out (do not remove broth!!!) and shred into bite size peices, replace chicken in crock and add remaining ingrediants, Allow to cook till rice is done! If you would rather a more soupy consistancy I recommend replacing the cream of chicken soup with 1-2more cans of chicken broth and no water!! I served with Biscuits! The next night I made pot pies with it:) I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

No comments: