Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday at the Table!

Routine is good right? Why is it that some people thrive off of doing the same thing day after day and eating the same things over and over again! I get the fact that some people are just not adventurous in what they try and some things are just quick and easy but to me it seems if I ate the same thing every day I would get quite bored! I dunno it was just a thought that crossed my mind! Last night we had a great dinner and I guess stepping out of our proverbial box made it even better!
Most every night I cook a protein (typically chicken, beef, or pork of some sort) a veggie, and a starch. I do variations on how things are marinaded and prepared but usually it is the same thing over and over again! I really am interested in trying new things but my question is how do I get my family to LOL!!

Ok So last night I made baked Italian chicken and I threw together a pasta salad that was FABULOUS!!!

For the chicken I just stuck it (frozen) in a baking dish and topped with half a bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing. Allow Chicken to thaw and marinate! Preheat Oven after chicken is thawed to 450degrees F. Bake for about 30min I like to do mine till the chicken starts to brown and kinda crisp up on top!

Tuscan Pasta salad
1box Piccolinni noodles (Mini Ziti)
2ripe Avocados (make sure they are still pretty firm though if they are to mushy you will get the wrong texture and I don't think it would be as good!)
2-3 ripe Tomatoes
1can whole black olive (drained and halved)
1small can of mushroom pieces (drained)
1bottle of Kraft Tuscan house Italian Dressing

Cook noodles according to package directions! (be mindful that a good Aldente is perfect for pasta salad!) Dice Avocado and Tomatoes. Combine halved Olives, mushroom pieces, Avocado, Tomato, and Pasta in a large bowl add 3/4 of the bottle of dressing toss gently serve slightly warm or chill until ready to serve!

Sorry this week was nothing fancy but I have a sick 2yr old so meals and such have been limited to what is super quick and easy to throw together in a pinch! Have a great one!

No comments: