But anyways moving south developed my taste buds into new and exciting things!!! There are so many things that I miss about the South and the culinary genius that is SOUTHERN cooking!! Now don’t get me wrong the Northern region had some wonderful food as well but IMHO nothing compares to a good down home cooked southern style comfort dinner!!! So a couple of things I miss the most are Sweet Tea (everywhere there…3places here!!), and REAL Carolina style BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches!!! YUMMY!!!! I have found a recipe that is AMAZING...and the best part about it is …a Crockpot Recipe!!! I found this while perusing the wonderful Recipe Applications on my iPhone technology is wonderful!!!
Ok so these are the ingredients you are going to need:
2md-lg onions, quartered
2tbls brown sugar (I used Dark Brown)
2 teaspoons of salt (I used Hawaiian Sea Salt)
4-6lb boneless Pork Butt or Shoulder Roast (I use bone in)
2/3 cup Vinegar
4Tsp Worstershire Sauce
1Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 ½ tsp Sugar
½ tsp Dry Mustard
½ tsp Garlic Salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Cole Slaw (Optional)
1. Place quartered onions in the Crockpot
2. Combine brown sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub entire surface area of the roast. Place Roast fat side up on top of the Onions.
3. Combine red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic salt, cayenne, cider vinegar, and worstershire sauce. Stir to mix well. Drizzle ¼ of the mixture over Roast Cover and Refrigerate remaining vinegar mixture.
4. Cover roast and cook on Low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6hours. Remove meat and chop or shred. Chop onions.
5. Serve meat and onions on Hamburger buns, if desired top meat with coleslaw. Pass the remaining vinegar mixture to drizzle over sandwiches!
(P.S. I forgot to take finished pictures!! I promise it was delicious and beautiful LOL)