Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesdays at the Table

Well this is the first "Official" installment of Tuesdays at the Table for me and I am really excited to post it! But first off let me explain why I have no pictures!! My Darling Darling 2yr old has now broken 2 digital camera's!! I totally thought each time that they were in a safe place and yeah they weren't!! The first camera (a Kodak c something, nothing extremely special, but got the job done) apparently needed a bath! It took a nice little swim in the toilet courtesy of none other than my darling Camille! I was mad and of course the first person I called because I was DEVASTATED, was my mom! Who of course proceeds to start laughing HYSTERICALLY!! I was near tears because we couldn't afford to replace it at that point! And this crazy mad woman I call my mother is laughing! Really mom thanks, She then proceeds to tell me that congratulations you begin to pay for your raising! Apparently as a small child I enjoyed throwing my mothers POTATOES in the toilet! Again I say really mom! I was 2 and potatoes looked like poo to me, I guess! Thankfully this time my camera did not take a bath but will turn on and when you turn it off the lens part that spins into and out of the camera will not do anything and I get a total error screen whenever I attempt to take a picture of anything with it! UGH Now it is probably wrong of me to accuse my seemingly innocent daughter without the solid proof that she indeed did it but I am 99.9% sure she had something to do with it!! And Well I know that Santa can't afford to get me a new one maybe the Tax Fairy will find it in her heart to allow me a new one! I think I may just get the Fisher Price kid tough one cause now that thing is even waterproof!!
Wu sah...

Ok...so...about this TatT.
I am truly all about quick and easy recipes! I don't like to bake. Typically the only time I bake is the beginning of the last trimester of my pregnancies! And I will bake for like a week (or 2) straight, But I don't eat any of it LOL! I am not a big measuring person and baking has to be pretty exact or it could seriously alter the recipe and not always in a good way! I know sometimes substitutions are made in baking for random ingredients but still there is an exact science to it and for those of you who know me personally I am not a brilliant person and seriously suck at science and math LOL!!

A friend of mine (thank you marshmallow!!) Totally hounded his mom for these two recipes for like a month and has asked me to make them for him! I dunno when I will make them for him but I promised at some point in the reaming time he is stationed here that I would make them for him!! (He may get them as a going away gift before he goes on Deployment next year LOL! But I promise buddies I will make them and post a picture (see top of post)

chocolate pumpkin muffins

1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 c milk
1/2 c solid pack canned pumpkin
1/4 c butter, melted
1 egg
one 6-ounce package (1 cup) Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/4 c finelyl chopped nuts

Pheheat oven to 400. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, make well in center.
In small bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, butter and egg, add to well in flour mixture. Add chocolate chips, stir until dry ingredients are just moistened. spoon mixture into greased muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon nuts over each muffin. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.


Now this Recipe I have made several times during holiday seasons past! They are a favorite among many of my family and friends!

Chinese Chews

1 bag chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips
1 bag chow mein noodles

Melt chips over double boiler. Add noodles until covered. Drop teaspoonful on wax paper.


Tonight we are having a Taco Lasagna! It is Fabulous!

1lb. Ground beef (chicken or turkey sub well!)
1 Taco seasoning packet
1 can Refried Beans
Jar of Taco sauce
2cups grated cheese (What ever your preference is I just use cheddar)
4 or 5 Soft Taco shells (I actually use burrito shells)
Taco Toppings (These are totally whatever you want)

Pre heat oven to 350 Degrees.
Prepare ground beef according to Taco seasoning packet. When meat is ready begin to layer,Taco shell, Refried beans, Meat mixture, Taco Sauce, Cheese...Repeat. Once you have placed the top layer be sure to put remaining ingredients ending with Cheese! I usually reserve some of the cheese to add extra to the top!! Place in Oven until cheese is bubbly and dish is warmed through about 20min!

Well Everyone Enjoy your family time at the table!!!

1 comment:

AndreaLeigh said...

Um, yum?? You have some terrific recipes there! Go you!